Date: 10th May 2020 at 1:06pm
Written by:

A Chelsea season ticket holder has launched a new campaign to raise money for the NHS and community football during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Craig Swyer, who usually sits in the Shed Upper, started the Virgin Money giving page on Wednesday and has already raised over £500.

The campaign hopes to raise £200,000 with 75% of the proceeds will go directly to NHS CHARITIES TOGETHER (the charity representing over 230 NHS Charities) and the remaining 25% to be donated to FOOTBALL BEYOND BORDERS (a London based education charity which uses the power of football to support disadvantaged young people in the UK).

With a return to your usual match day routine seemingly a long way off, supporters can pledge to the campaign using amounts they’d usually spend on a match day such as your match day programme, half time match pint or match day travel.

Craig explained “Like all fans I am missing the football, missing seeing all the guys I have known over the years, missing the energy of the games so I have set-up the campaign to get the football community together and support the NHS. Any support or small donations would be greatly appreciated.”

About the charities

NHS Charities Together

Home


(Registered Charity Number: 1186569)

As the National membership organisation for NHS Charities, NHS Charities Together, champion and support the work of more than 140 member charities. These fantastic NHS Charities give over £1million everyday to the NHS enhancing patient experience and care.

Football Beyond Borders (FBB)

FBB is an education charity that supports disadvantaged young people who are passionate about football but
disengaged at school to achieve their potential by helping them finish school with the skills and grades to make a successful transition into adulthood.
This is done this by providing long-term, intensive support, built around relationships and young people’s passions, in the classroom and beyond.

Commissioned by schools to support students who are at risk of exclusion to re-engage with learning and develop positive relationships with peers and adults.
They are currently working with over 1000 young people across 64 projects in London, Essex and the Northwest of England.

For more information

E-mail: support@footballfanstogether.co.uk

Website: https://footballfanstogether.co.uk/about-us

Instagram: @FootballFansTogether

Twitter: @FootFanTogether

To Donate: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/FootballFansTogether